We have well over 100 plus Senior (being Men over 60 years of age) playing members at Little Hay Golf Club, who really are very welcoming, open and friendly.
In addition to monthly medal and stableford competitions which enable you to establish or maintain an official handicap, Seniors play a number of Matches with the Clubs’ Ladies Section, which are fun occasions.
Seniors are positively encouraged to play in our Inter-Club Team matches, where we play both Home and Away against 10 other local Clubs during the Summer months. The Golf is always followed by an enjoyable lunch. You do not need to be a low Handicapper to play in these games. Seniors further play in a Winter Breakfast League consisting of 5 local Clubs where a full English Breakfast is served and enjoyed prior to the Golf with a Soup or Sandwich afterwards. Great fun and relief from the ‘winter blues’. All levels are chosen and enjoyment is the aim of the events.
Seniors are also FULL members of Little Hay Golf Club and can join in the all Club events both at weekdays and weekends
We really do welcome new members and will be pleased indeed to help you to obtain your Handicap if you do not currently have one. We offer a range of opportunities to assist you in meeting and playing with existing members.
To find out more about Little Hay Seniors, please use the Contact Form to get in touch.
- Mick Wins The Seniors May StablefordThursday Mick Milne playing off a handicap of 10 had 2 birdies and nine pars scoring an impressive 41 points to win this month’s senior stableford, beating Trevor Sargeant by 2 points. While Peter Balding was third with 38 pts. 1st Mick Milne 41 pts 2nd Trevor F Sargeant 39 pts 3rd Peter Balding 38Continue reading “Mick Wins The Seniors May Stableford”
- Little Hay vs Redbourn Little Hay Win By a PointWeekending 15th May Wednesday Little Hay seniors played host to Redbourn’s seniors the Redbourn Friars. The weather might not have been that good, gusting winds and a lot of much needed rain, which might have put a spoiler on the tie but as always these matches are played in good humour, followed by a goodContinue reading “Little Hay vs Redbourn Little Hay Win By a Point”
- Roger Claims Another Winweekending 08/05/2022 Thursday Roger Sparks impressive Nett 68 secured his second win of 2022. Roger went out in 47 home in 50 with 2 pars beating John Poston by 3 strokes while Kenneth Chalk was third with a Nett 74.
- Trevor Wins The 3 Club Challenge For a Second YearThursday saw the seniors play their annual three club challenge, a fun event won for a second year by Trevor Sargeant. Trevor must be wondering why he ever bothered buying a full set of clubs after scoring an impressive 39 points with just his 5 Hybrid, Pitching Wedge and Putter. Ted Carroll was second withContinue reading “Trevor Wins The 3 Club Challenge For a Second Year”
- Ken & Paul Take a 2 Point Lead into Next Sunday’s Winter League FinalLittle Hay Golf Club Week ending 27/02 /2022 After all the havoc wrought by storm’s Eunice and Franklin this weekends penultimate round of the winter league was played in fine winter sunshine. Of those playing Saturday 37 points was the best score returned while Sunday’s best score was an impressive 49 points from league leadersContinue reading “Ken & Paul Take a 2 Point Lead into Next Sunday’s Winter League Final”