If you have never had a handicap before, you have to play a minimum of three rounds with a current member, Click here for details.
World Handicap System
The World Handicap System (WHS) launched in England on 2 November 2020 by the England Golf federation. It is designed to welcome more players, to make golf easier to understand and to give all golfers a handicap which is portable all around the globe.
If you join Little Hay Golf Club, you can get a WHS handicap which can be used anywhere in the UK and worldwide. Further information is available here.
Whenever you play a game of golf, you can enter your scores into the WHS system – and contribute to your handicap calculations. There are a number of Apps and Website that you can use to enter information and view your recent scores. These are explained in the next section – if you enter your scores in one system, the same information should be available in others, also. You will need your CDH number in order to sign into these Apps.
How Did I Do
This is the App / Website that we use at little Hay to book onto competitions and enter scores for competitions and “General Play” casual rounds. If you are playing a round for scoring, you should book in before the round starts, which will confirm your course handicap for the day.
Apple App: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/howdidido
My England Golf (MyEG)
This is the official App and Website for England Golf – it is useful to view a graph of your performance, and you can also enter casual rounds using this App / Website.
Latest Handicap News
- Local RulesThe local rules for play at Little Hay have been updated to remove an anomaly which has existed since the change of rules in 2019. The local rule regarding penalty areas now reflects that the fact that penalty areas, except bunkers, can be played in the same manner as in the general area.
- LOCAL RULE FOR BUNKERSThe local rules allowing free relief in bunkers are cancelled with immediate effect. Relief in bunkers must now be taken in accordance with Rules 12.2, 15.1, 15.2, 16.1c, 16.2 (unlikely) and 19.3. With regard to doubt about the position of the ball players should familiarise themselves with Rule 12.1.
- Score Input TerminalThe Player Score Input (PSI) terminal on the reception desk at Little Hay is now back in service. It can be used for entry of scores from Casual/General Play rounds. Pre-Registration (aka Sign-In) is required and a period of 2 hours must elapse between Sign-In and Score Entry.
- LITTLE HAY TEES & SCORE ENTRYYou might have noticed that several of the Winter Tees (Mats) have recently been brought into play. Please note that placing a Yellow or Red “tee of the day” marker by a Mat does not make that Mat into a Yellow or Red tee; it is still a Winter Tee position. Mixed tee sets doContinue reading “LITTLE HAY TEES & SCORE ENTRY”
- Score Entry From Mobile DevicesThe restrictions with regard to score entry from mobile phones and other mobile devices has now been implemented. The GB&I Golfing governing bodies have introduced new regulations for the returning of General Play Scores for the purpose of “Safeguarding Handicap Integrity”. These regulations stipulate a maximum distance that the player can be from the clubContinue reading “Score Entry From Mobile Devices”