We (My England Golf) are making a change to the way general play scores are administered, and we need to make you aware of this change. (General Play enables you to submit scores for their WHS Handicap Index from any course at any time – you can even decide to do this on the day. Therefore you don’t have to wait until the next medal day at your club or for an open competition in order to improve your handicap.)
From 29 November, any general play scores that are pre-registered by the MyEG app or by golf club software that are not returned within an acceptable period will be designated as a penalty score within your handicap record.
It is your responsibility to ensure any scores that are pre-registered are returned as soon as possible to avoid being designated as a penalty score. Should you have any issues submitting your score or have a reason why the score cannot be submitted, you should speak to your club.
As part of this new process, should your score not be submitted you will receive a reminder email (service email) asking you to complete the process.
If you do not act, an automated penalty score will be applied to your handicap record, which could adjust your handicap index upwards or downwards. The application of automatically applied penalty scores can be reviewed by your club, however changes will only be made at the discretion of the handicap committee.
- As well as following the Rules of Golf, as a player you are expected to act with integrity by following the Rules of Handicapping and to refrain from using or circumventing the Rules of Handicapping for the purposes of gaining an unfair advantage.
- You are expected, when returning a score for handicap purposes, to have pre-registered that score intent as a general play score prior to play or ensured that you have entered any competition in the required manner.
- When retuning a score, you are expected to complete the round and attempt to make the best score possible at each hole.
- You should submit any pre-registered rounds or competition scores as soon as possible after the completion of play.
- You should ensure that all rounds for handicap purposes follow the Rules of Golf and are played from a measured course.
- You should ensure that you certify any scores submission you have witnessed as soon as possible.
Please note, the My EG app can only be used for submission of general play scores.